On The Day
When you arrive at Victoria Park, go to the Registration Caravan before you begin your ride. The Caravan is located on the left hand side as you look at the Main Stand. You will be issued with a temporary RFID timing tag and we will assist you in attaching it to your helmet.
As soon as you are fully equipped with a bike, helmet and timing tag you will be ready for the start line.
Please note that a maximum of 80 riders can be on the track at the same time. As this will be strictly controlled you may have to wait before being able to start.
The start line is located under the start Marquee. You will need to make sure you hear a beep before starting. During the busy times the start area will be controlled by a member of staff who will be writing down your start time manually as well. You may be required to line up as riders will start in single file with a gap of approximately 5 seconds. If your team wishes to ride together you should make sure you line up one after another. Your RFID timing tag will be activated when you cross under the start reader.
You should only start when the track is clear behind you so make sure you look backwards before you set off.
Riding the Criterium
While the number of riders on the track will be limited, please note the following:
- If you are travelling slowly, please keep to the left.
- If you are travelling slowly with a group, please go under the arch in single file.
- Avoid sudden braking.
- You may be on the track with less experienced riders. Please be courteous.
- Please be particularly careful as you pass the start line. Other riders may be joining the track.
- A section of the track adjacent to the finish line will be contacted. Please be prepared to ride single file at this point and be particularly aware of other cyclists.
- Make sure you keep a count of the number of laps you have done. This is your responsibility!
- The route to the finish line will be marked out with witches hats from 50 metres. Please be aware of riders that are finishing more quickly than you. Riders should enter this area in single file and stay on the left.
- When you finish under the finish archway, your final time lap time will be recorded. Please head straight to the Registration area and return your RFID. Your time will be displayed once your tag has been returned on the results screen.
The Corporate Cycling Challenge follows Cycling SA’s extreme weather policy.
The event will be cancelled or postponed on any event day, where the Bureau of Meteorology forecasts the Adelaide temperature to be 37 Celsius or higher in the 4:00pm forecast issued the day before, unless it is clearly stated otherwise on the event information. The 4:00pm forecast may be found at www.bom.gov.au/weather/sa